Tuesday, December 28, 2021

2022

 


In just a few days, another year will have gone by - what changes has this brought to you??  Our sermon this last Sunday was delivered by our associate pastor Keith Bostian in order to give Senior Pastor Vance Eubanks a break and a chance to enjoy his family. I am starting this blog off with the sermon as it fits in so well with starting a new year. Evaluation is good for us all. What have you accomplished in 2021 and in your life in general? We to to assess what has happened in our lives in the past. Celebrate all the good and bad things. After you evaluate you need plans for the future. Make a vision and plan on where you want to go. Read Philippians 3:13-14 and Habakkuk 2:2-3. Make a plan, write it down, and tell others about it for accountability. Set attainable and realistic goals - but not beyond your ability.  Three things to remember:

1) Pace - set a pace not too slow or too fast. Don't push yourself too hard. We are running two races - the earthy one (we need to slow down) and the spiritual race ( we need to pick up speed). Get involved in Bible studies, small groups, etc.

2) Place - this is where you do your quiet time. Jesus spent a lot of quiet time - alone. Set apart time to spend with the Lord. Do this even by serving.

3) Plan - after assessing your self, you need to plan where you are going to need to be. what do you need in your spiritual life. Do you need to be better at defending you faith to tell others why you believe what you believe. We all need accountability in our lives to spur us on just as iron sharpens iron. We need to be encouragers and cheerleaders for others, because "Perhaps today" is the day Jesus comes back. Be prepared.  

My brother sent me a flower pot for my birthday in early December  which contained various flower bulbs - amaryllis for sure and hyacinth. There were just a few tiny buds in the  pot - now there are 11 plants and are blooming - so much fun to watch!


                                         They are growing like weeds and starting to bloom. 

"For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1. English Standard Version. I feel very strongly that I need to move on - to branch out and try my wings, so to speak. Therefore this is probably the very last blog for awhile. I will show up somewhere else in a different form perhaps, or different type of encouragement. I am not sure, but feel it is God's plan for me. I remember when I first published my first blog (April 4, 2011) I was thrilled that I had done so. Now I cannot believe that it is over 10 years later!!!! All of the blogs are here on this site so you can go back and read what you may have missed. I hope I have touched each and every one of you in some way, offered encouragement, or even answered some questions. God bless all of you - 

No comments:

Post a Comment