Sunday, January 12, 2014

What kind of week did YOU have???


Did you ever have a week when everything seemed to have gone wrong??? When you start something, then a crisis arises and you have to fix something before you go on with what you are doing??? Or if you have your time planned out to finish a project and there is a huge interruption, and THEN you have to go on to something else pressing before you can finish what you started???? Or even when things seem to go smoothly and all of a sudden everything is out of control??? Well, welcome to my past week. Every time things get crazy, I try to stop and ask God to slow my mind and show me where to go next. I have learned to stop, take a deep breathe, and start again with I hope is a clear mind. Trying to categorize the long list of every thing going on seems to help - but where do I fit eat and sleep into the picture???

There was a high point in the week (another chance for great grandma to brag). On Thursday, our beautiful great grand daughter was born. Brielle LaShae was 7# 10 oz, which is a big first baby. Grand daughter Casey and baby are doing well. She  now makes a total of 3 great grand daughters and 1 great grand son - time to slow down for a bit!!!
love the boots

she looks so grown up for only a few days old


Our annual ladies conference planning is going along smoothly, with many exciting and wonderfully unplanned surprises. It takes 4 of us to put this together, although in prior years only two of us, (thank you Sally) seemed to have done it quite well. Now just pray with us for many women to be reached by God's word. We, as women, are strong and favorable in God's eyes. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline". 2 Timothy 1:7.

The sun shine and warmth for a few days was so welcome from the drizzle and gloomy days we have been having recently, although it is raining again right now. I hope that the weather has settled down for all of you and the storms are over for awhile. Many flowers here are booming and their beauty shines through the gloom to make us love all of God's creation.

We had a craft show here at the park, which is such fun to just walk around and see all the creative things people come up with. I have been doing some glass yard art and decided to try my hand at a sale. I felt that I did fairy well as the show was not well attended due to other activities going on here in the Valley but I did love just talking to people as they browsed all of craft tables.

Fred looking bored - I actually sold quite a few items

Great Oaks Food and Clothing Ministry is really expanding, due to the generosity of many people as well as Gods grace and favor. A refrigerator was donated, so now we can store more produce efficiently. Another coupe has joined the ministry and will begin filing bags with produce as soon as it comes in. They then have the opportunity to deliver it immediately to those in need - what a blessing they are. God calls people who sometimes do not know why they are called, but He has a plan. When you feel the Holy Spirit in you heart telling or asking you to do something, don't resist. (Although sometimes I wonder if God is really talking to me, or maybe got me mixed up with someone else). Just say, "Yes, Lord, I will do it".









No comments:

Post a Comment