Tuesday, June 19, 2012

More Wisconsin family fun

Since  3 of our 4 daughters were here in Wisconsin for the neighborhood reunion, one of them had a bright idea to met with their cousins they had not seen in a few years (for Brenda it was 11 years ) so again it was time for another family get together. My sister-in-law was so kind as to open her house for the invasion.
daughter Chandra and nephew Jeff - loving cousins who had not seen each other in a long time

niece Jacci and daughter - together for fun and laughs after 11 years

I was raised in a small town (since I was 11) in Wisconsin where my parents owned a small cafe where all the local people used to eat, including the police department (I could never, never do anything wrong, a everyone knew who  I was!).  We went there to visit during a recent Strawberry Festival, and enjoyed strolling through all the vendors, just enjoying the gorgeous day. My mother died a few years ago, and was cremated, so we spread her ashes in the local cemetery in Waupaca, as I said a quiet prayer for her. We also spread some of her ashes in Arkansas, where she had lived for many years. As I remember my childhood day, I must admit that I did not" obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord" as we were instructed in Collossians 3:20.

Talking about parents, we celebrated Father's Day with our daughters and granddaughters. It was a fun day, with daughter Connie being the chef this time. Our earthly fathers were often present in our lives forgiving us for our sins and disobedience,just as our heavenly Father does. We give praise to   all fathers - past, present, and future.

A neighborhood friend passed away while we were in Wisconsin, so we attended a quiet military funeral at the Grand Army Home at King, a state veterans home. I was so amazed at the many graves  throughout the cemetery, each one representing a veteran (and in some cases, his wife) who gave up some time of his life, and in some cases gave his life,  so that I can be free to write this blog, expressing my spiritual beliefs with no fear of repercussions. It was a truly moving ceremony, reverently remembering and honoring this man. Did not Jesus do the same thing? Give His life so that I could be free??? Free from sin and with the promise of eternal life with Him.
just a small section of the veterans cemetery


My sister-in-law, Susan is an awesome quilter, always creating beautiful works of art in fabric, We visited a quilt shop, where we met the owner, a very Christian man who shared his love of Jesus with us. We did find time to purchase a few very beautiful pieces of fabric - I now have some projects in mind. While at their house, Susan had a project for us to share - we each made a beautiful wall hanging, enjoying the time we had creating together.  They have a beautiful Boxer dog by the name of Skipper who kept us all entertained the whole time that we were there.
our sister-in-law quilting project
Skipper - resident  spoiled Boxer

Even though we are sort of on a hiatus while visiting friends, we keep in mind our Sanctuary Outpost
ministry, trying not to miss the ever present opportunity to tell others how Jesus can change their lives. To keep up to date on this and other mission outreaches, go to crmintl.org and search for SON (Sancturary Outpost Newsletter) to follow this area of Christian Resort Ministries. We love the time we get to spend with family and old friends, but are anxiously look forward to our return to the Rio Grande Valley and our responsibilities waiting there for us.



No comments:

Post a Comment